Letter-writing and receiving mail from home is an exciting part of the camp day! Mail is distributed to campers daily after dinner. Here are some tips and pieces of information regarding mail to and from camp:
- Families are encouraged to write regularly, and campers have two scheduled writing days each week.
- Mail to camp should be labelled clearly with your camper’s name and cabin, and our full summer mailing address.
- Incoming mail often arrives within a few days. Due to the limitations of rural post offices, outgoing mail can sometimes take more than a week to arrive in major Canadian cities and longer for other locations.
- If you want your child to receive mail in the first couple days of camp, try mailing a few letters before they even leave for camp.
- You can also pre-write a bunch of letters placed in numbered envelopes and send them up to camp via Bus Mail, and we will distribute them with camper mail in the order they are numbered.
- Ensure that campers have a list of names and addresses for those that they want to stay in touch with from camp. Some families may send printed labels or pre-addressed and stamped envelopes for ease of letter writing.
Current Postal Rates
- Within Canada: 63¢
- To the USA: $1.10
- International: $1.85
Summer Mailing Address:
R.R. #2 (38483 Hwy-28)
Palmer Rapids, ON K0J 2E0