- Please be patient with our parking process. We do not promise to be fast, but we do promise to be fair and safe. Our gates open at approximately 11:00 a.m. and we hope to have everyone parked before noon. Please follow the directions of our camp greeters and parking staff.
- Once your car is parked, we ask that it remain that way until you wish to leave camp. To preserve the safety of your children and our visitors, cars are not to be driven anywhere around camp. You may notice that some areas are blocked off with chains, picnic tables, canoes, or garbage cans – please do not try to cross these lines as they demarcate “No Driving Zones” at camp.
MEETING YOUR CAMPER
- Colour and Comic campers can be collected just outside the building called the Warehouse. Your Zodiac, Seeker, or CIT camper can be met just outside our main theatre called OMNI.
- Campers are excited to see their families! If you have any difficulty finding your camper amidst the excitement, please come to the office where you will be connected with them.
OTHER HELPFUL VISITOR’S DAY HINTS
- The following members of camp’s Leadership Team will be available outside the main office for most of the day:
- Camp’s Owners: Sol, Jen, Howie, and Sari
- Camp’s Associate Director (and CIT Tracker): David Ehrlich
- Camp’s Seeker Tracker: Michael Waxman
- Camp’s Colour, Comic, and Zodiac Trackers: Jen Sholzberg and Taylor Jacobson
- Camp’s Health Centre and Camper Relations Coordinator: Roberta Cole
- Our MASH Team is happy to greet you at MASH during the afternoon.
- Camp’s Associate Director, Seth Cole, and Camp’s Program Director, Ben Fagan will be circulating around camp throughout the afternoon to answer any questions you might have about our skill development programs.
- The Dining Hall will be open from approximately 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. for our usual Visiting Day spectacular! An announcement will be made when the Hall is officially open.
- The Tuck Shop will be open from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. with some snacks available.
- Some unlabelled Lost and Found will be on display in camp’s BBQ Pit across from the Dining Hall. Please note that quite a bit of Lost and Found was collected after Colour Wars and is being cleaned and distributed on Monday.
- Our staff work as a team. Please do not tip camp staff. In our experience, kind words and an appreciative note go further than any gift.
- Many of our specialties are open between 12:15 – 3:30 p.m.
- All camp boats and our Walls facilities are to be enjoyed by campers only.
- The use of the swimming facilities is available to campers throughout the day. Non-campers may use our “1st Area” only.
- For more information about ski on Visitor’s Day, please click here.
- Please help keep Walden clean by placing garbage in the appropriate receptacles and paper, cans, or bottles in camp’s recycling bins.
- Thank you for keeping your dog on a leash and providing any necessary scooping of poop!
- We ask that you respect our end-time of 4:00 p.m. SHARP and begin your goodbyes at 3:40 p.m. so that we can resume our regular camp programs for your camper comfortably. Although there may be a few tears, our staff are trained and well equipped to ease the transition back into camp life. If you need some assistance with your goodbye, please meet the Trackers in front of the office.