Taking care of ourselves in the sun is crucial to our health and safety at camp. Even on cloudy days, the sun can do permanent damage to our skin. Please prepare your child for a safe summer by encouraging them to:
- Pack and wear a hat.
- Wear protective clothing, in particular light coloured, loose fitting clothing (preferably with sleeves).
- Always wear sunscreen – The Canadian Dermatology Association and the Canadian Cancer Society recommend a S.P.F. of 15 or higher. Waterproof sunscreens are expected to last the entire day.
- Protect their eyes with sunglasses.
- Avoid sunbathing.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- On extremely sunny days, stay in the shade as much as possible.
Our staff are trained to reinforce these items while your campers are at camp.